It is invariably better to sell your house for cash fast when going through a FL divorce or separation. Here’s why, and what you need to know about the risks of other options…
Disclaimer: This article is not legal advice, and a state licensed attorney should always be consulted in these cases before acting.
Divorce and separation from a relationship is seldom a fun time. This leads many to bury their heads in the sand and rush through the division of assets, or ignore it. Others allow themselves to be carried away by vengeful emotion and wind up only hurting themselves worse.
Common real estate scenarios in Florida divorce cases:
- One party effectively abandons the home leaving control of the asset to the other
- Other assets are used to trade off the previous family home
- The remaining party may be ordered to refinance the property
- Neither party pays the mortgage and debt obligations leading to foreclosure
Important considerations for intelligent and successful negotiation results:
- Set emotions aside
- Be amicable – it will encourage the other side to do the same
- Think long term
- Be aware of the risks of any property not liquidated before the divorce is finalized
Why selling FL homes and condos fast for cash is the best option:
- The party remaining in the home rarely keeps up their end of the agreement
- Unpaid mortgage loans, taxes, code violations and HOA/ condo dues can destroy the finances and credit of both parties
- It can be near impossible to enforce performance of agreements after the fact
- Save on legal costs having solved the biggest asset issue
- Short sales and foreclosures can eliminate tax time rebates which can otherwise be used to enforce child support payments
- Eliminate the debt
- Gain a truly fresh start
Ultimately selling housed fast for cash and liquidating the property before proceedings and finalized can be the best scenario for a truly fresh start and avoiding the worst long term issues which can otherwise haunt exes for decades.
Selling Your FL House Fast for Cash
No matter what condition the home is in right now, and what may be owed on it, separating couples can sell their FL properties fast for cash in just a few days.
Contact QuickCash2Sell for a cash offer on your home now…